Class-D – Massive Power, Perfect Sound
Thanks to our revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology, we are able to provide you with enormous power and incredible sonic performance in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering the ultimate in energy efficiency – and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and massive heat sinks. This amazing technology makes it possible to design and build extremely-powerful products that are significantly lighter in weight than their traditional counterparts, while using less energy and protecting the environment.
The powerful PMP4000 gives you the choice of 2 x 800-Watt stereo or 2 x 800-Watt dual mono mode (mono Mains powered output, 1 Monitor send signals through the second powered input) or 1,600-Watt bridged mono sound. Whether the center of attention happens to be a folk trio, a speech, or a synth- rock band with mind-boggling stereo patches, the PMP4000 can accommodate with ease. This sonic versatility also makes it an excellent choice for churches, where vocals and stereo recordings often share face time.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The PMP4000 features our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the PMP4000 provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Built-in Digital Multi-FX Processor
Equipped with our studio-grade 24-bit Multi-FX processor, the PMP4000 gives you 100 mind- blowing digital effect presets such as delay, chorus and reverb. Apply them to any channel, as well as to the monitors and main output. Of course, if you have treasured outboard gear you’ve grown attached to, these mixers can integrate them into the mix while bypassing the built-in FX processor.
FBQ – Totally Feedback-Free
For more than 20 years, BEHRINGER has designed and manufactured some of the most successful FBQ Feedback Elimination processors. Now you can own and enjoy the benefits of this technology, as we have integrated the revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System into this product, so your sound system is completely feedback-free, allowing you to focus on your performance. Utilizing an ultra-fast feedback detection system, this ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and tame feedback frequencies immediately. When feedback is sensed in a specific frequency range, the LED on the associated EQ fader illuminates, showing you at a glance which fader to lower to overcome the feedback. That simple!
The PMP4000 also comes equipped with our Voice Canceller technology, which eliminates the vocals from pre-recorded music for instant karaoke applications – and our proprietary XPQ 3D stereo surround effect, which lets you create a much broader and enhanced stereo image.
Use the CD/Tape RCA inputs to feed in external stereo signals from CD players or tape decks. Conversely, the CD/Tape RCA outputs send line-level signals from the mixer to a recording device. The left and right output 1⁄4″ connectors can be used for a variety of purposes, including connecting to additional power amps. Connect your monitor power amps or active monitor speakers to the Monitor Sound output. Powered outputs on these mixers are available in the professional, twist-lock Speakon-compatible variety. And when you’re ready to take a break, the convenient Standby switch mutes all of the mic channels – but lets your background music keep the party going!
Powerful, Lightweight, Reliable
Medium-sized events call for the lightweight PMP4000 (22.9 lbs/10.4 kg), easy-to-use 16-channel, 1600-Watt powered mixer. The PMP4000 is the most efficient and affordable powered mixer for the job, and can even be used as a pure analog mixer – or a pure power amplifier. With its highly- acclaimed XENYX mic preamps, 24-bit Multi-FX processor, and stereo 7-band graphic EQ with our FBQ Feedback Detection System – the PMP4000 makes it easier than ever to lend exceptional sound quality to all kinds of public performances.
- Ultra-compact 2 x 800-Watt stereo powered mixer (1600-Watt bridged mode)
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Ultra-compact design at nearly half the weight of conventional powered mixers
- 16-channel mixer section features 8 mono and 4 stereo channels plus separate CD/Tape input/output
- Studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies for easy feedback removal
- 8 high-quality XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ, switchable Low cut filter, and Clip LEDs on all mono channels
- Stereo 7-band graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main outputs
- Voice Canceller function removes singer’s voice from recordings for karaoke applications
- Selectable stereo (main L/R), double mono (main/monitor) or bridged mono amplifier operation mode
- Breathtaking XPQ 3D stereo surround effect for more vitality and enhanced stereo image
- Adjustable stereo CD/Tape input for connecting external signal sources
- Multi-functional stereo Preamp outputs for added flexibility
- Internal switch-mode power supply, noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany.