About Tannoy CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54)
The CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54) is a compact 160-Watt shallow back can ceiling loudspeaker engineered to provide superb audio performance in both background and foreground music sound systems. Ideally suited for a wide variety of applications, from restaurants and hotels to houses of worship and businesses of all types, the CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54) offers the power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion more typically found in a studio reference monitor than a ceiling loudspeaker. The resulting sound is warm, with a nuanced and pristine clarity that envelopes the listener – without intruding. EN 54-24 certification for fire detection and fire alarm systems makes the CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54) the perfect choice where safety is a top priority.The design comprises a 100 mm (4.00″) mid bass driver with a coaxially mounted 19 mm (0.75″) high frequency section mounted in an injection moulded semi matt white front baffle made of UV/weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS material that fits unobtrusively into any environment. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround enhance durability and long-term reliability. Thanks to the shallow back can depth of less than 4″ (98.3 mm), CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54) is perfect for applications where above-ceiling space is limited, but exceptional sonic quality and reliability are a requirement.
Comprehensive Installation Package
Supplied with an integral plated steel shallow back can, Phoenix connector with steel cover, and an EN 54 compliant strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable, the CVS 4 MICRO (EN 54) satisfies the vast majority of installation application requirements. Input is via a low insertion loss 15 W line transformer with multiple taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input. Installation is quick and easy with two tile support rails and one C-ring included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory.
- Coaxial full range low profile ceiling loudspeaker for installation applications
- 40 Watts continuous, 160 Watts peak power
- Shallow back can for limited cavity space
- 4″ mineral loaded polypropylene driver with nitrile rubber surround for enhanced durability and long-term reliability
- 0.75″ ferrofluid cooled soft dome neodymium high frequency driver
- Wide constant directivity dispersion for optimum coverage
- EN 54-24 certified for fire detection and fire alarm systems
- UV and weather resistant UL 94 V-0 ABS front with plated steel fire can enclosure
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 6 Ohm direct input
- Low insertion loss 15 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch
- Semi matt white finish fits unobtrusively in any environment
- Powder coated perforated steel mesh grille with dust protection
- Mounting C-ring and ceiling tile rails included
- Phoenix connector with steel cover and EN 54 compliant strain relief clamping mechanism for fire rated cable
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.