Great Sound, Flexibility and Ease of Use
Lab Gruppen’s innovative LUCIA (Localized Utility Compact Intelligent Amplification) brings superior audio performance and extraordinary flexibility to a decentralized approach in AV systems design. Power, processing, control and I/O are conveniently placed exactly where they are needed. In many AV applications requiring consistently outstanding performance, LUCIA offers a logical, cost-efficient and scalable solution that often eliminates the complications and added expense of a centralized equipment room. LUCIA amplifiers incorporate a digital, firmware-controlled front end coupled to a robust, durable and highly efficient Lab Gruppen output stage, all of which make LUCIA the best-sounding and most reliable compact amplifier in its category.
Fits in Anywhere
LUCIA 240/2M has been designed and engineered for quick installation and easy setup. The supplied wall-mount bracket enables discreet on-wall location (such as behind video displays), but the ultra-compact form factor also allows easy placement virtually anyplace – whether next to a projector or integrated into a reception counter, podium & lectern or bar area. All input and output connections are on Euroblock screw terminals (with parallel unbalanced RCA connectors), and level setting is available on front-panel potentiometers. Advanced circuitry protects the amplifier and connected loudspeakers from potential damage caused by clipping, thermal overload, or extreme low line voltage.
Integrated Mix-Matrix and DSP Front End
The LUCIA 240/2M incorporates a digital front end with a 4 x 4 Mix Matrix and comprehensive DSP features, including proprietary Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring (ADLCTM) and a full selection of EQ filters both before and after the matrix – features that eliminate the need for external mixers and processors in many applications, saving time and money. A software wizard facilitates fast setup, while the advanced editor allows offline configuration of common presets that can be quickly downloaded to multiple units via USB.
LUCIA amplifiers are ENERGY STAR qualified, making them an ideal choice for installation in projects seeking energy efficient certifications. The amplifiers automatically enter standby mode after a 20 minute period with no signal input, consuming less than 1 watt. Automatic power-up occurs within two seconds after an input signal is sensed.
ENERGY STAR Qualified
By maintaining very low current draw during operating cycles even at high output levels, and reduced power consumption during non-operational cycles, our Energy Star qualified products harness impeccable Lab Gruppen sonic performance and robust power output while meeting the rigorous efficiency requirements of current Energy Star certification standards.
ADLC for Great Sound, Everytime.
Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring ensures a fuller and comfortable listening experience – especially at low perceived levels. Based on industry leading technology from TC Electronic, ADLC ensures that LUCIA delivers optimum reproduction of the source signal regardless of output gain (or “volume”).
Auto Load Sense
Lab Gruppen’s innovative Auto Load Sense technology detects the impedance load on each channel and self-configures the output stage for optimal performance, allowing it to deliver maximum power output on all loads from 2-8 ohms. This means a single LUCIA amplifier can be used to effectively drive up to 16 loudspeakers (if 16 ohm devices, connected 8 per channel).
Third Party Control
Once installed the LUCIA can be controlled and monitored either via GPIO or more extensively using that RS232 interface that is included. The protocol used is open and free for anyone to implement. The list of companies supporting it is growing.
Low Impedance Amplification
There are many advantages to Lo-Z audio systems compared to constant voltage ‘distributed systems’. LUCIA harnesses all of these to give you the best sounding solution in the most cost-efficient package: Better sound, improved LF performance, save cost on loudspeakers without transformers and no need for long cable runs or conduit.
- Compact matrix amplifier which offers full output power across a range of loads with 2 x 120 W into 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Comprehensive on-board DSP with loudspeaker processing and innovative features which enhance performance and simplifies system design and commissioning
- 4 x 4 matrix allows mixing and routing all inputs to amplifier output channels and 2 balanced line level outputs
- Configuration software wizard for initial set-up and advanced editor for preset configuration (LUCIA connection via USB) available for Windows* and Mac*
- Energy efficient with Energy Star* certification for supreme green credentials and exceptionally low lifetime running costs
- Automatic Dynamic Loudness Contouring adapts to optimize performance at any output level
- Comprehensive DSP features with per-channel presets for high-pass filter, parametric EQ, multi-band compressor and look-ahead limiter
- Optimized presets available for a wide range of loudspeaker models for fast configuration
- Enhanced Bass Profile for extended LF response with small loudspeakers
- Proprietary Auto Load Sense automatically sets VPL (Voltage Peak Limiter) for optimum performance with any connected load
- Efficient Class D amplifier with patented design for low distortion and minimal heat dissipation
- Compact form factor in a half-rack, 1U chassis with supplied bracket for discreet on-wall mounting
- Configurable GPIO port for remote control (e.g. wall panel) for channel switching, level control and integration with paging systems
- Comprehensive circuit protection for fail safe operation, including short circuit, thermal and under-voltage protection
- Universal power supply supports 100
- – 240 V AC at 50 or 60 Hz
- Intelligent fan control for silent operation at idle and at lower output levels
- Front panel power and fault indication as well as per-channel signal LED and attenuation knob
- Balanced high quality analog inputs and amplifier outputs on detachable screw terminals
- Parallel analogue input on unbalanced RCA connectors with optimized gain for mobile and other unbalanced sources
- Rackmount kit, pole-mount kit and wall panel kits available as accessories
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Sweden.